OH, FOR JUST ONE MORE DAY

 "If I could turn back time..." Oh, to turn back time for just one more day - one more day with our loved one. We have often dreamed of that moment, creating an image in our minds that is crystal clear.

The two people I have loved the most in my life died by suicide - my grandfather when I was 11 years old, my girlfriend, Anne, when I was 23 years old. 

One more day - my grandfather and I are walking up Commonwealth Ave on our way to Fenway Park to watch the Red Sox play the Yankees. It's a great game as the Sox win. After the game we go to the Black Rose and drink pints of Guinness. Just he and I, grandfather and grandson, ever so proud of each other and so happy being together - drinking a few beers on a late afternoon in summer.

One of the special pleasures Anne and I enjoyed was going out to breakfast after spending the night together. So, my one more day with Anne would begin with breakfast at the South Street Diner in Boston.

Our eyes filled with love as we simply smile at each other in pure happiness. We would be silly and sassy, goofing on puns and telling dirty jokes until tears rolled down our eyes. People sitting near us would be thinking - I'll have what they're having. Oh what a glorious morning, a heavenly way to begin the day.

My one more day: a Red Sox game and a few beers with my grandfather, breakfast with Anne - simple pleasures so full of love and joy.

"...If I could find a way."  For just one more day, how would you spend yours?

Contact: fortheheartcries@gmail.com


Comments

  1. Customer Helpdesk. Get solutions for technical issues. Follow Easy Steps & Get Quick Response with the support team, Chat link given. The technician will offer an accurate and exact solution for your products and the services.
    +1 (800) 577-1869
    update garmin nuvi 1490
    Printer help Center
    canon printer spooler error

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN YOU KILL YOURSELF

MOURNING FOR MY LIFE

SUICIDE: THE STORM BEFORE THE CALM