April 23, 1994

"Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue, and dreams that you dare to dream really do come true."
                                                    E.Y. Harburg   -   Over The Rainbow

There's no frown on my face today! I am floating and frolicking in a miraculous medley of love, lust and levity - my heart's happy, my soul's smiling and my mind's merry.  Jesus, I can't believe I feel so good! Last night I held an angel in my arms and worshiped all her adoring charms.

From the beginning! Around 8:00pm last night I walked into O'Flaherty's Pub, ordered a Guinness and sat at a corner table by myself. As the pub filled up, a young couple sat across from me and we introduced ourselves. They were Seamus and Bridget, brother and sister from Lispole which is about five miles from Dingle.  After a few minutes Seamus left to join friends at the bar and Bridget came over and sat beside me. For the next couple of hours we talked, bought each other drinks and had a fun time together. As the night went on, she would occasionally rub her hand against my thigh amd then put her arm around my waist and give me a playful hug.

Just as sugar plums began dancing in my head, her brother came over and said it was time to leave. Bridget looked at me and asked if I had a car? I told her I did and that I would be happy to drive her home. She quickly told her brother she was staying and then ordered him to buy us drinks, which he did. A short time later we both got up to use the rest rooms. When I came out of the men's room, she was standing in the hallway and said, "Let's go for a walk."

As we started walking towards the pier and harbor, she slipped her fingers between mine and we held hands. When we reached the harbor, we embraced and kissed - and kissed again more passionately. As our lips parted she looked up at me and asked, "Do you know anything about Irish fairies?" When I told her I didn't, she said, "Well, this area of Ireland is full of fairies. They're fallen angels who are not good enough to be saved, nor bad enough to be lost. So, God sent them to Ireland and they are everywhere. And tonight I'm going to be your Irish fairy and give you the pleasures that are at the end of the rainbow."  And then she kissed me.

As we slowly walked to my guest house, we would stop and kiss and move our hands freely over each other's body. When we reached the guest house we tiptoed upstairs to my room. Within seconds we were out of our clothes and under the sheets. For the next few hours we played, laughed and talked, but most of all we enjoyed the pleasures of the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And then we slept in each other's arms.

We woke up to the sounds of baa, baa, baaing of baby sheep and welcomed the morning by indulging our bodies slowly and sensually. We then got dressed, quietly left the guest house and I drove her home. She gave me her phone number and we made plans to have dinner Sunday night - which is, thankfully, just twenty-four hours away.

For the past few hours I've been sitting here in the cafe, drinking coffee, smoking and reminiscing about Bridget and writing this entry in my journal. She reminds me of Anne with her sly smile and girlish giggles and with her cunning charms and passionate playfulness.

Never has a woman meant so much to me, never has a woman's body brought me so much pleasure, never has a woman's touch given me so much comfort, never has a woman's kiss bestowed so much hope, never has a woman raised my spirit so easily and so high - and never has God been so kind and so surprisingly generous - and never have I felt so good.

Sometimes dreams you don't dare to dream come true, and sometimes a prayer never offered is answered beyond the realm of fantasy. An Irish fairy has become my angelic goddess. When I woke up a few hours ago my dark clouds were far behind me - because last night I flew over the rainbow and found paradise.

5:00pm  -   Cafe Literature   -   Dingle, County Kerry, Ireland

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN YOU KILL YOURSELF

SUICIDE: THE STORM BEFORE THE CALM

MOURNING FOR MY LIFE