"AND SO THIS IS CHRISTMAS..."



Christmas! We have lost loved ones to suicide and it is Christmas, a day of comfort and joy shaded in sadness and sorrow. With hopes of bringing a small smile, a light laugh, on this Christmas Day - a short story, a tall tale, from Ireland.

Back in August, I spent a week in the small village of Bunratty, County Clare.  One morning I woke up very early and went for a walk. It was around dawn as I walked down a narrow country lane. After a while, I sat on a stone wall and watched cows and sheep graze in the fields - as the sun was peeking above a distant mountain.

I then saw a rainbow in the sky and it was heading right at me. Suddenly a leprechaun appeared beside me and said, "Tommy boy, today's your lucky day, and I'm granting you three wishes." Thinking I had nothing to lose, I said, "When I get home I would like a dark blue BMW in my driveway."  POOF! The leprechaun showed me a picture of the BMW in my driveway

Impressed, but not wanting to be too greedy, I then asked for two million dollars. POOF! The leprechaun gave me a suitcase that contained two million dollars.

Then the leprechaun  patted my shoulder and said, "Now take your time and think carefully before you make your final wish." Which I did before saying, "Make me irresistible to all women."  POOF!
I turned into a bouquet of flowers.

To one and all, MERRY CHRISTMAS
May it be a day embraced with love.

Contact: fortheheartcries@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN YOU KILL YOURSELF

SUICIDE: THE STORM BEFORE THE CALM

MOURNING FOR MY LIFE