MOURNING FOR MY LIFE

 "I am in mourning for my life."  Anton Chekhov

I mourn. Suicide has been part of my life since I was eleven years old. I have lost the two people I have loved the most in my life to suicide. I have lost childhood friends, classmates and neighbors.

Suicide is a dark shadow from which I cannot escape - it may not always be visible but it is always there.

As time passes. as I grow older, I have this fear - what I am most afraid of: that sometime in the future, I will wake up one morning and start a slow silent stroll towards suicide - or maybe I have been on that journey since I was eleven and don't even know it - as I am in mourning for my life.

Contact: fortheheartcries@gmail.com

 

Comments

  1. So sorry for the pain and loss you've experienced. I am glad that you exist. Thank you for all that you do to try to stop additional suicide losses.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN YOU KILL YOURSELF

SUICIDE: THE STORM BEFORE THE CALM