IN MEMORY OF ANNE



In memory of Anne, the sadness of suicide - as Leonard Cohen sang, "You know my love goes with you, As your loves stays with me."

Decades ago on Monday, February 17th, you sat alone in Plant Park next to the Hillsborough River - all was quiet, then in an instant, sudden death.

Anne, you said "I love you" but you never said goodbye. We were so young and you were oh so beautiful, so full of grace and charm, so full of wonder and mystery.

Anne, you were gorgeous, confident and candid, funny and joyful, smart and sassy - a woman perfectly radiant in her beauty and charisma, yet you were fragile, deceptively delicate.

Anne, you had a smile that could melt M&M's in my hand. But of dear Anne, your smile was a false god, captivating and enticing, dazzling in its brilliance - discreetly deceiving in all that it promised. For hidden behind your seducing smile were dark secrets - depression, despair, the pain you suffered.

On Saturday evening, we had a few beers and went for a walk. We hugged and kissed, soft kisses beneath Spanish moss - kisses that held promises to come. 

We spent the night together and in the morning we walked to your dorm. We kissed and you whispered, "Tom. I love you" - then you pinned a button to my jacket that read, "I AM LOVED."

From that moment so much time has passed, you forever young and me growing old, yet it has also stayed still. For you have always remained, absolutely adorable Anne.

Anne, you said, "I love you" but you never said goodbye. We were so young and you were oh so beautiful.

You are missed. You are loved.

Contact: fortheheartcries@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN YOU KILL YOURSELF

MOURNING FOR MY LIFE

SUICIDE: THE STORM BEFORE THE CALM